Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Skating Along

I have all of the blocks done now for the Vintage Skate wall hanging…



These will surround the embroidered skate, but when I set them all together like this, I really like the light pink pinwheel that appears between the blocks. That won’t show in the finished wall hanging. Yesterday I was able to stitch the blocks together into their rows, and today I hope to attach them to the skate panel. I will probably add a small border (maybe) and then this top will be done.

I also spent some time this week putting together the large circles in my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Curves top, and I also spent time cutting and sewing together some of the smaller Curve blocks. Here is what I have sewn so far…



It’s getting there…slowly. I’m actually enjoying sewing the curved seams, and it is not as hard as I feared. The small blocks are a bit harder to sew than the larger curved blocks, but I am still able to get them done.

Finally this week, I started sewing together some squares from a charm pack I picked up during the shop hop earlier this month. It is a pack from Benartex and it is Thanksgiving themed fabrics. I placed two together and stitched up two (opposite) sides, then cut them in half parallel to the stitching. This gave me 5 inch squares again (or nearly so). I pieced together three sets of these “twosies” and now I have a few stacks of strips with 2” by 5” rectangles…



I will lay these out side-by-side and put sashing between them and a border around them to make a couple of holiday table runners. So far it’s been quick and easy. I have several more pre-cuts here (layer cakes and charm packs) and plan on making them into something soon.

That’s it for now. Today I hope to finish the top for the Vintage Skate wall hanging, and I will probably also sew some more Curves. Later today will be some hand stitching (not sure which project yet!) For now, I will be linking up at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday. Stop by to see some great projects.


2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are lovely and the secondary pattern created is just perfect in pink!!! The blue green drunkard's path will become a bright happy quilt, I am sure.
    Thank you for your comment on my mom's quilt.
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks! Your Vintage Skate project is going to be beautiful. Good luck with your sewing goals for this week.

    ReplyDelete