Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

One Monthly Goal – Finished!

I’m pleased to say that I finished my One Monthly Goal for June. My goal was to take this finished embroidery…



…make the blocks that surround it…



…and then get it all put together into a top…



Done!

I encountered a couple of problems, but nothing that I couldn’t make work. I also still have a few beads and baubles to add to it, but I will wait until I have finished quilting it before I add those.

Woo hoo! It’s a finish! Mostly J

The only other item I finished this week was this little Bluebird wool mug rug kit…



I picked up this kit during the June Shop Hop and worked on it while we were camping this month, then finished it up over last weekend. Yay!

For one last “finish”…I finished cutting the Moda flannel layer cake for a quilt I hope to put together in the next month or so. Here are all the pieces ready to sew…



I even got all of the 4-patches put together yesterday…



Maybe today I can get the quarter-triangle squares done.

I will be linking up with Red Letter Quilts for the June Finishes Link-up for One Monthly Goal, and also with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop!


4 comments:

  1. Love the embroidered project! Those pieced blocks really complement the center. Congrats on meeting your June goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finish is beautiful. I would never have thought how well those blocks in those colors would compliment your stitched block. Well done! The little blue bird is adorable. Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, gorgeous!! This is definitely worthy of beads and baubles! The border has such drama, it is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete