Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Needle and Thread Thursday

I’ve been running around a bit and working a little in the sewing room. I finally finished Section 5 of the neutral Gypsy Wife. Ugh. Did I say “Ugh”? Let me say it again…Ugh. I lost track of the number of seams I had to rip out of this while putting it together. My mind was really on other things, I guess, but I finally got is right…I think. Yesterday I worked on Section 8 and got it mostly done. Section 8 is on the far left and Section 5 is to the right of 8…



Section 8 is in three sections (vertically) and I have not sewn those sections together yet. You can see the middle section is very tan, and I just can’t figure out if I like it or not. I think I will wait until I make Section 9 (which goes to the left of 8) and see how it all looks together.

Tuesday I ran out to another quilt shop that is on my Shop Hop list. I picked up a couple of things, including this Moda flannel layer cake.



I have big plans for that, but I tell you what right now.


Today I will be heading out to a couple of quilts shops about an hour away from home, then this afternoon I have to take my m-i-l to an appointment. Maybe late today I can get some more work done in the sewing room. In the meantime, I will be linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation. Head over for some great projects.

2 comments:

  1. I love the neutrals! I say keep going, when it's all said and done...it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, wait until more sections are up there to see how you feel. If the parts below it also have the darker pops, it may just look perfect as it is when you get there! I don't dislike it at all the way it is now. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete