Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

It’s Monday Again!

We had a busy weekend and we’re ready for a new week here at the Pieceful Kingdom.

This weekend we ran to a few shops for the East Tennessee Shop Hop. I picked up the three block patterns and fabric kits from the shops, plus a few other items. First, here are my free fat quarters from two shops (the third wasn’t giving anything away)



And here is some fabric that I purchased…



The bottom left is a panel of quilt labels. I figured that would come in handy. In the bottom right are a couple of cotton fat quarters, and the other fabrics on the right are flannel fat quarters. The fabric in the left top corner has raccoons, squirrels, foxes, and owls…this is one of the things I was looking for to use in the Campers pattern. The ribbon in the center is Minnie Mouse ribbon. I don't know what I will do with that yet.

I also picked up a few notions while I was shopping. I picked up some short appliqué pins (I have always used long ones), some Machingers, and a seam guide for my machine. The two items on the top right, the hera marker and a lanyard with a measuring tape and magnet were freebies from one store.



Also, as we were leaving the last quilt shop, we walked past a cross stitch shop and went in to check it out. I found some great buttons to use for my HocusPocusVille quilt…



Yesterday, while hubby got some painting done in our entry way, I finished up the Witches Hooray stitching…



I am planning on adding some hot fix nail heads and crystals to this to finish it off. I hope to get to that later in the week.

Also, I have my completed centers for the Vintage Skate blocks to show off…



I will need to put those aside this week until I get caught up on the neutral Gypsy Wife. Hopefully I can finish Section 5 today, then get started on Section 8 tomorrow. The only other item I want to do this week is to prepare the wool bluebird mug rug kit to take camping next week. Once those two things are completed, I will get back to the Vintage Skate blocks and working on my RSC Curves. I also completed my first Shop Hop block...a quick and easy star and it's on my Design Wall…




That’s it for now. I may run out to another quilt shop about lunch time, but we’ll see where I am with housework and the like. I will be linking up with Main Crush Monday and Design Wall Monday. Head over for some great projects.

4 comments:

  1. it looks like you had a great shopping experience. Nice friendship star block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shop hops are always so fun - I love to go with my sister. I like the fat quarters you received, especially the bottom one in the pic. Looks like you have a lot of projects going on; I hope you get your mug rug kit ready for your camping trip. Sounds fun! Thanks for linking to MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun shop hop finds. Good luck with all your stitching plans for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really do have some fun projects going, Linda. Those buttons are terrific. :) That was a lot of HSTs for those pretty pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete