Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I May Have a Scrap Problem - June Finishes

It’s nearly the end of June. Wow…how did that happen?

I worked on a variety of projects this month, but I didn’t complete everything I set out to do. What’s new about that? Nothing! Let’s look back at my plans for June…

Works In Progress (WIPs):
The projects I am currently working on and consider my WIPs are my two Gypsy Wife quilts.
I did finish Sections 5 and 8 for the neutral version…



But I have not started on Section 9 for either of my GW quilts. I actually have that written on my calendar to work on today and tomorrow, so maybe I can still make some headway on Section 9 in June.

UnFinished Objects (UFOs):
In June I hope to make more border blocks for the 2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sawtooth Star quilt.
Um…thought about it, but didn’t even pull it out. Maybe in July.

One Monthly Goal (OMG):
For my One Monthly Goal at Red Letter Quilts, I would like to finish the top for the Vintage Skate wall hanging.
This one is done! Yay!



I May Have a Scrap Problem:
I will go through my blue/aqua and lime green scraps and get them sorted and cut unto usable pieces.
Well, I didn’t get any scraps out of my big scrap bin to go through, but I did cut some pieces for my Curves project and I even put some together…



I also decided to work on my 2-1/2” squares as a Leaders & Enders project, and I have 115 pairs of squares put together…



I am looking at ways to put these together into a quilt. I’m actually making a dent in my 2-1/2” squares, so I may need to cut more from the scrap bin.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC):
For the color of the month at RSC (blue/aqua with lime green accents), I got my fabrics from my bins and I hope to work on a Drunkard’s Path project. I will also be working on the RSC Sawtooth Stars.
As I mentioned before, no to the Sawtooth Stars, but my Drunkard's Path project is the Curves project above.

Quilting:
I have a couple of items I hope to get quilted this month.
Nope. Nada. Nothing quilted.

Stitching:
I always like to have some hand embroidery or stitching of some kind going on, and I still need to finish my Witches Hooray panel, so that will be on my list.
Yay! Witches Hooray is done…



I also worked a bit on my old cat needlepoint project.

Appliqué:
My current appliqué project is the Tuxedo’s Tales Block of the Month. Well, I didn’t work on Tuxedo’s Tales, but I did do some work on my Butterfly Sampler from Sue Spargo’s Craftsy Class.



I also made this Bluebird mug rug from a kit I picked up during the East TN Shop Hop earlier this month…



Charity Quilts:
Nothing to see here either…

Something New:
I was able to work on the new technique of sewing curved seams in my Curves project. And I made one Shop Hop pattern (out of 12!)…



During the Shop Hop I also picked up several packages of pre-cuts, and I made this Thanksgiving table runner from a Bernartex Charm Pack called Turkey Run…



I have enough strips made to make a second table runner. I also found this fabric in my stash…



And I even have enough of that to back both table runners. Yay!

The last new project (I think) that I have worked on this month is making these blocks from another pre-cut package…



This is from a Moda layer cake from Primitive Gatherings called Wool & Needle Flannels III. This is for my baby girl who is off to Boston in the fall to start her new adventure, and since she spent most of her life here in Tennessee, she is going to need a flannel quilt up there to help her stay warm in the winter! I’m expecting some yardage from this same line to arrive today for the borders and binding of this quilt, so now I just need to find the right backing and some batting. Not sure if I want to go with a wool batting or not. I’ll have to think about that…quickly! This needs to be done and ready to go with her in two months.


So that’s about it from here. Today is my birthday, so I am going to spend it however I want (after exercising, cleaning, laundry, baking muffins…) But once I’m done with those things, I will probably spend time in the sewing room putting the flannel blocks into rows. Who knows; maybe I will get that whole top pieced today. For now, I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for the Finishes Party for I May Have a Scrap Problem. Head over to see what everyone else has been up to in June.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the neutral Gypsy Wife! Can't wait to see it progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colours you are using for your GW quilt. I really want to make this quilt but can't decide on the colours...

    ReplyDelete