Pages

Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday Finishes

I don’t have much to show for finishes this Friday. I did finish pressing and trimming the half-square triangle squares for the Vintage Skate wall hanging (all 224 of them!) I then started in on the center pinwheel of the blocks and completed four of them…

Pinwheels


The “twosies” on the right need to be sewn together. I should be able to get that done today.

The only other thing I “finished” was getting photos of my dog printed onto some fabric. I’m planning on using the photos in a future project. And here is the photo of my dog…

Suki


She is such fun. She takes her job as a dog very seriously, and she goes at it with a great deal of enthusiasm. You gotta appreciate the effort J

Yesterday I went to a couple of nearby quilt shops who are participating in the East TN Shop Hop. I picked up these two block kits…




The theme this year is “Celebrating Freedom” and it appears all of the blocks in the quilt will be stars. They really look pretty simple, though I have seen one block on a shop’s website that looks a bit more challenging. So, I have two blocks/shops down, 10 to go. We have until June 11 to try to get to all of the stores. I don’t know how many I will go to because the remainder require at least an hour drive each way (except one that is about a half hour), but we plan on trying to make a trip Saturday to get some more Passport stamps. We just need to carve out several hours to make it happen. We can go up to the Smoky Mountains and hit 5 or 6 shops…but we have been up there a bazillion times (though I don’t believe I ever stopped in a quilt shop up there). Or, we can head out in a direction I have never been and see some new sights, but only hit three shops. Hmmm…what a dilemma. We’ll see what we decide. The weather will probably make the decision for us. If it’s bad and we decide to go, we will probably go for the familiar; but if it’s not very rainy we may head for a new adventure. I will keep you posted.

Of course while I was at the quilt shops I had to pick up some other things. The following photo is of the free fat quarter I got at one shop, plus the Campers pattern by Amy Bradley Designs that I have been coveting ever since it first came out. I decided to go ahead and pick it up (the dog photo may play a part in this quilt).



At the other shop (the one I shop at most often), I got to pick out my own free fat quarter, so I went with one that I might use in my Curves quilt top I’m cutting out. I also picked up a little pumpkin wall hanging pattern, a cone of off-white 50 wt. Mettler thread (I can never have too much off-white thread), and a little wool bluebird mug rug kit. We have bluebirds every year living in the bird house in our backyard, so I love to watch them. We actually have a duplex birdhouse (two houses back-to-back) and this is the first year we have had bluebirds nesting in both at the same time. Anyway, I thought it was cute and I think I will get it prepared over the next week so I can take it to work on when we go camping this month.



Today is a rainy day at home and leftovers for dinner, so that means I can pretty much spend the day in the sewing room (except for the laundry, the housework, dealing with the dog and the cat…you get the picture). I’m looking forward to a productive day and I will try to finish up the Vintage Skate blocks and get some more pieces cut for my Curves quilt. I hope you have a fabulous Friday!


I will be linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment