Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Back from Vacation

It’s great to get away for a while, but it’s certainly nice to come back home again. I was able to work on a little stitching while out of town, but I didn’t finish up my project. I got the appliqué pieces stitched down on the wool Bluebird mug rug…



Now I plan on adding some embroidered embellishments, then stitch this to the bottom piece of wool. I will probably quilt it a little too so the top and bottom aren’t flopping away from each other. This is my plan for today.

Tomorrow, I hope to spend some time on an oldie but goodie.



I started this cat needlepoint project many years ago…probably 12 to 15 years. I pick it up, then put it down and don’t pick it up again for years at a time. Well, if I don’t work on it, it will never get done. So, I want to try to finish it sometime this year, which means I need to make time for it. Hopefully I can see some more progress on this soon.

For now, I will be linking up with Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. Head on over to see some wonderful hand worked projects.


3 comments:

  1. So fun to have projects that span many years and collect a lifetime of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your applique and cross-stitch are very pretty. I have a "vintage" cross-stitch like that also. Someday I will pick it up again. I hope you find time to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a project like that... it is for traveling =) Enjoy your stitches. I'm sure the cats are waiting patiently for some attention.

    ReplyDelete