Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Look Ahead to June


It’s a new month, so that means I get to come up with a new list of things I want to do this month. This week starts the quilt Shop Hop in East TN, we will get a chance to camp this month, plus we hope to get some interior painting done in the house, and the end of the month is my birthday. So there should be plenty to keep me busy outside of the sewing room. In the sewing room, I hope to work on some of the following…

Works In Progress (WIPs):
The projects I am currently working on and consider my WIPs are my two Gypsy Wife quilts. I still have Sections 5 & 8 to finish for the neutral version, then for the last week or so of the month (after my next GW class) I will have Section 9 to work on for both versions.

UnFinished Objects (UFOs):
This would be a project that I have put aside for a while, but need to get to work on. In June I hope to make more border blocks for the 2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sawtooth Star quilt. This is where I left it last…



I need to put a piece of white sashing between the rows, and then finish up the border piecing. Hopefully I can get that far this month. (The pink spots in the middle of the blocks are Post-It notes)

One Monthly Goal (OMG):
For my One Monthly Goal at Red Letter Quilts, I would like to finish the top for the Vintage Skate wall hanging. I completed the embroidered panel…



And this past weekend I cut all of the pieces for the surrounding blocks…



They will all be pieced into half-square-triangle square units, so I think I can get those done pretty quickly. If I work at it, I may even get the blocks all put together this week.

I May Have a Scrap Problem:
I will work on taming my scraps with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict in June. I will go through my blue/aqua and lime green scraps and get them sorted and cut unto useable pieces. What remains will again be crumb pieced. I hope to come up with some idea of a project to put some of these scraps in this month. I don’t know if I will get to that, but I will try.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC):
For the color of the month at RSC (blue/aqua with lime green accents), I got my fabrics from my bins and I hope to work on a Dunkard’s Path project. I will also be working on the RSC Sawtooth Stars. Here are my fabrics for the RSC (the fabrics on the right are actually lime green, not yellow as they appear in the photo):



Quilting:
I have a couple of items I hope to get quilted this month. I would like to finish a panel quilt that I started in May for Ronald McDonald House quilts. It’s not that big of a project, but I need to take some time for it. I also hope to quilt the snowflake table topper that I made in May…



I will do both of those on my domestic machine, so I may try to piece a backing and put the orange and black & white quilt on the long arm and work on that.

Stitching:
I always like to have some hand embroidery or stitching of some kind going on, and I still need to finish my Witches Hooray panel, so that will be on my list. When I finish that I will have to see what I want to do next.

Appliqué:
My current appliqué project is the Tuxedo’s Tales Block of the Month. The next on my list is the March block, so I hope to get that cut out and started soon.

Charity Quilts:
For my Charity Quilts, I want to finish up a few Kennel Quilts that I have cut out. I also want to finish quilting the RMH quilt I mentioned above. When those are done, I have plenty of RMH quilt tops here that can be quilted.

Something New:
Like everyone else, I have scores of books, magazines, and patterns that I have never gotten around to using. I know that I’m a pattern addict! Anyway, between those things and the Craftsy classes I have, there are literally hundreds (probably thousands!) of project patterns and techniques to make or try. I really would like to get to some of them. I have recently starting watching Playing with Circles with Ann Petersen, so I would like to give sewing curves a try (I’ve never done it before). I have a Drunkard’s Path template, so that will be my new technique for June. I will make this using the RSC colors.

For a new project, I may start the Shop Hop patterns. I don’t know how many shops I’m going to get to (we have 12 shops within a couple of hours of here), but I do know I can make it to 2 shops this week. We may run out to a town about 1-1/2 hours away and hit 3 more shops on the way this weekend, but I don’t know if I will get to any others. We will see what happens with this. I’ve never done the Shop Hop, so I’m curious to see what it’s about.

And I recently picked up this little pattern by Elizabeth Hartman…



I love cats and this is so cute. So, this will definitely go up to the top of my New To-Do’s.

So that is it for now. Tons of stuff, but I do like to plan big! At least I have some kind of plan, plus some of these overlap in categories. I know I will do some of these, but not all, and I will probably pick up new things along the way this month. That’s just the way it is. But, at least I enjoy it all! I hope you all have a wonderful June!

Please check out the following link-up parties for some fun projects!

Links:
One Monthly Goal for June at Red Letter Quilts 
I May Have a Scrap Problem at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

9 comments:

  1. Your RSC Sawtooth Stars are beautiful. I don't have my 2015 RSC project done either. Good luck with all your June plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! I just looked up where I put my cat patterns when she was doing the QAL! It's a maybe fall project. You have a lot planned, but I'll bet you get the OMG finished, and the others moved along. My friend and I are hopping to three shops, plus one not in the hop, tomorrow. Another friend and I are going next Saturday, the last day, to a few others. I don't know if I'll get to any more during the week, because I don't have my car next week - my son has it for training in Maryville for 12 hours a day. Hopefully, I can drag one more friend into hopping with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. This is a really long goals list. Good luck. I often ran short of background fabrics so started buying the rest of the bolt (often with a discount) to make sure I have enough. Problem now is, I have enough to make dozens of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. This is a really long goals list. Good luck. I often ran short of background fabrics so started buying the rest of the bolt (often with a discount) to make sure I have enough. Problem now is, I have enough to make dozens of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with achieving your goals. Love the skate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're a list maker like me:) Good luck with all the goals. I absolutely love the cat pattern by Elizabeth Hartman. She's so talented. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do a similar list each month. I call it The Short List, although it tends to grow until I reign it in. Love the vintage skate block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're pretty ambitious! Good luck with your OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a list! That vintage skate is so lovely as also your sawtooth star. And I was wondering about the pink bits inside!!!! Waiting to see how you finish your skate!

    ReplyDelete