Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stacks of Scraps

In my quest this month to tame some of my scraps, I am working through my green and brown scraps. I have pulled out the darker greens (no lime-y or spring-y greens here!) and browns from my fabric stash to figure out what to do for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for May, and I went through my scrap bins to clean those out. I was able to pull out and press my brown scraps…



…and my green scraps…



From these I cut and sorted strips into my bins of 2-1/2”, 2”, 1-1/2”, and
<1-1/2” width strips. I also cut 2-1/2 inch squares, and 5” by 2-1/2” rectangles for a future project. After those were all cut and put away, I was left with these crumbs…




Today I plan on using these crumbs to make some blocks. I think I am going to use these in a table runner, but I need to see how the crumb piecing turns out before I know if it will really work. So that’s my plan for today. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment