Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

May’s One Monthly Goal – Finished!

My One Monthly Goal for May was to finish the Log Cabin Leaves quilt. This was also my OMG for April, but I only got the long arm quilting done on it. Well, since then I was able to get it off the long arm frame, finish the quilting on my domestic machine, then get the binding attached by machine. This past weekend I took it with us camping and I was able to finish up the hand stitching on the binding. Now it’s done!



This quilt is for the trailer, and I should have finished it a long time ago so it would have been ready for colder weather camping. But, that didn’t happen. However, it was nice to work on it this past weekend when the temperatures only got into the 50s! It kept me nice and warm while stitching on it outside. And even better, this was my view…



Pretty greens! This is a great time of year in our state park campgrounds with all of the leaves coming out and everything blooming.


So, we had a nice weekend in the mountains, and I was able to finish up a quilt. Sounds good to me! I will be linking up with the OMG May Finishes party when it goes live at the end of the month. For now, I still have plenty to keep me busy here! I hope you all have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful to have a quilt designated for camping, and so fitting that it was finished at a campsite! Looks beautiful Linda, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green is beautiful. It must have been peaceful when you sewed the binding on.
    Kathleen Mary
    https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish and on meeting your goal for the month. Love the colors you've used, the green and brown are perfect for just about any season.

    ReplyDelete