Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

May is Here!

It amazes me how quickly time goes by. The year is 1/3 over already and there is still so much to do!

I have a few things to accomplish in May, though I’m pretty sure I’ll be lucky to get even one of them done.

First, I want to finish up a couple of stitching projects. I want to finish up the February (and maybe even March) block for Tuxedo’s Tales.  Here is where I am now…



This will be my Slow Sunday Stitching today. This block has gone by pretty quickly.

I also hope to finish up the Witches Hurray embroidery for a table runner (or wall hanging…I don’t know which yet). I will take this one camping next week and get started on it. Hopefully it will be a quick project.

I also would like to get caught up on my Gypsy Wife quilts. I’m not really behind, but I hope to get a lot more done on them by the time we have our next class. We will not be meeting in May, so by June I have two more sections to complete for both versions. I also need to get some additional strips cut for the background and some filler blocks done.

For my One Monthly Goal for May, I will try again to finish up the Log Cabin Leaves quilt. I will try to get it off the frame today so it’s ready to go. It shouldn’t take much, but I just need to carve out some time for it.

I also have some strips cut out for some more small kennel quilts. I have enough to make nine more, so I hope to get them done so they are ready to go when needed.

For the 2016 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I would like to get some small stars made for the border of the 2016 Sawtooth Star Sampler. I have put this off for a couple of months – it’s time to get back to it. I will probably also make another gift bag in the color for May. If I have the time and the inclination, I may make another tote bag or purse.

And, if I have enough time, I have HocusPocusVille, Vintage Skate, and Vintage Holiday that can all be worked on. I hope to at least start putting together blocks for the wall hangings. I probably won’t have time to finish up any of these projects, but I would like to at least start them.

And that’s about it. This will be a short week in the sewing room, so I will try to get as much done as I can in just a couple of days. I hope you have a great week ahead!

In the meantime, I will be linking up at Red Letter Quilts for One Monthly Goalfor May; and at Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. Head over for some great projects.


6 comments:

  1. Very cute stitching! Good luck with all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of projects on your plate. I, too, work on all sorts of different projects during a month. Love the cat -- the wool looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My that is a busy list! Remember to breathe haha!
    Thank you for linking with OMG!

    ReplyDelete