Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I May Have a Scrap Problem – in May!

I still have scraps. I think that is one thing anyone who sews or quilts is never without. In my quest to tame my scraps, in May I will work on getting my greens under control.

The color for May for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is a loden green or forest-y green. So that is where I will start. I have gone through my green fabrics on my shelves and pulled out the darker greens (as opposed to all of the lime-y greens I have!) along with some of my darker browns. Here is what is on my shelf…



There is one large piece of green yardage, otherwise everything else is a fat quarter or less. I want to use these up. I have an idea to make an improvisational quilt with these fabrics, so we’ll see where the inspiration takes me.

I also have a bunch of green scraps in my strip bins, green scrap bucket, and in my big scrap bin that still need to be sorted. Here is what is in my green bucket…



I think I will “make” fabric with these scraps and see how big of a piece I can come up with. I’m sure I will find a use for it somewhere along the way.

So that’s the beginning of my plan for my green scraps in May. I do hope to have a quilt top done again this month from my greens. The more I use, the less I will have to sort and organize!


I will be linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for I May Have a Scrap Problem! Head over to see what everyone plans for their May scrapping adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment