Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Finishes

I did get several things done this week, most of which I talked about Wednesday. But I will quickly re-share them here J

Section 5 (on the left) of the batik Gypsy Wife…



The crumb pieced green table runner, which I will also link up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday…



And two swap blocks for the June quilt guild meeting…



Yesterday I sat down and finished the top stitching on a snowflake wall hanging (or table runner, take your pick)…



I initially looked at this pattern and thought, “Wow! What a cute and quick and easy project!” Um, hold on there. This wasn’t as quick as I thought. I didn’t take into consideration the time to cut out those skinny little snowflakes. But, I got it done. I also used a new fusing technique. Coincidentally, the same day Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict announced the giveaway of Lara Buccella’s new book, Crafted Applique: New Possibilities, I received notice that the copy of it that I ordered had been shipped to me. I got it the next day. So, I used her method in the book since it seemed to be appropriate for the skinny little snowflakes, and it turned out pretty good. I like to do applique work, so this is another method I can use. Plus, I just fell in love with the project on the cover and hope to make it soon…



Today is a day at home, and it will probably be rainy to boot…perfect day for sewing. I will try to get some more quilting done on a Ronald McDonald House quilt that I started, and then work some more on the blocks for the next section of the batik Gypsy Wife. And if you are so inclined, prayers for my sister would be appreciated as she is going through some medical “stuff” today.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with:
Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
RainbowScrap Challenge at So Scrappy


8 comments:

  1. Prayers sent. Love your Gypsy Wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love your Gypsy Wife. I have been hoping for quite a while to one day do the same thing... make one with all batiks! I'm also in love with your snowflakes. Prayers for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your sister. Hope all goes well. What fun blocks and runners! Your new book looks as if it will have a few fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your sister's medical stuff goes well. Enjoy your rainy day of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table runner is great; it's given me yet another idea for using up scraps.
    I hope your sister is comfortable after her treatment on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a REALLY busy week!! Best wishes for your sister's health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your batik version of Gypsy Wife! Best wishes to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friends and I will pray for your sister for her ongoing health needs.

    ReplyDelete