Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday Finishes

I have my first finish of May – the Log Cabin Leaves quilt!



All bound up and ready for the trailer. We plan on camping in June, but I don’t think I will need this then. But, on second thought, it is supposed to get down into the 40s again over the weekend so, who knows what the weather will be! Anyway, this one is done and ready to go. It’s nice to get a big project done and out of the way.

I have some mini-finishes this week also. I was working with my green and brown scraps this week, and made up some fabric from crumb piecing. Here is it cut and trimmed for a project…



And here is that same strip made into a top for a table runner…



This was inspired by projects in a Craftsy class I have…Improvisational Piecing: Modern Design with Jacquie Gering. I am a “traditional” quilter (I guess) in that I don’t purposely make “modern” quilts. But I plan to finish this one up in the “modern” style using straight line quilting (and I know the negative space in the solid fabric gives it a modern feel). I’m sure this could be a very hot topic in some circles, but I just quilt and I do what I like, regardless of what it may be called. I’m pretty eclectic in my quilting (and life!)

The only other finishes I have for the week are some blocks that I made for Quilts of Valor…



I picked up a kit at our last guild meeting to put together these blocks. I have 8 done and 11 ready to go. I should get those done today, then I need to get to work on my batik Gypsy Wife. It’s been a while since I worked on that.


We are looking forward to some cool temperatures this weekend. Hopefully we can get some yard work done, along with painting inside the house. Such fun. I will be linking up today at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop!. Head over to see what everyone has done this week, and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment