Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

A Look Back at May

Another month has flown by. Five down, seven to go until 2017! 

May was a productive month here…

First, we were able to get out and go camping for the first time in 2016…



My favorite view from the back of the trailer. Another trip is already planned before it gets too hot here.

I also had some finishes. I completed my Log Cabin Leaves quilt…



And I made a table runner…



I also made progress on several other projects:

I made a couple of Rail Fence blocks for the upcoming Guild meeting swap…



I completed nineteen blocks for Quilts of Valor…



I made a (very quick and easy) top for a snowflake table runner…



This one was made using the fusible appliqué technique found in Lara Buccella’s new book Crafted Appliqué: New Possibilities.

I completed two more sections on the batik Gypsy Wife quilt…



I’m still working on those two sections for the neutral version of GW.

I was able to complete the February block for Tuxedo’s Tale…



He is such fun to work on. (And he always looks startled!)

Finally, I’ve been working away at the Witches Hooray stitchery…



This will go into a wall hanging (or table runner). I have really enjoyed working on this project and it has been going very quickly.


That’s about it for the sewing room this month. I’m happy enough with what I accomplished. I need to start getting serious about Christmas gifts now that it is nearly June. So, I will be making my list (and checking it twice) for upcoming projects for the rest of the year. Hope you have a great June!

Linking up with Fiber Tuesday at Mel's Quilting Room

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You accomplished a lot! I like the earth tones you used for the gypsy wife background. Congrats on getting out camping! We got out for the first hike of the 2016 season with another one planned and are quite happy about it too! :)

    ReplyDelete