Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

Vintage Ice Skate is Done!


I sat down yesterday afternoon while the hubby was on a conference call and I finished stitching the Vintage Ice Skate embroidery. I just had a little bit to do, along with the silver “sprays” on it. I used this YLI Candlelight Metallic Yarn for the spray and some YLI 100 weight silk thread to tack it down…



I’m so excited that this is done. I have a few spots on the "Winter" badge that I will bead once the quilting is all done. But for now I can start looking for fabric for the patchwork part of this wall hanging…and I can start prepping a new embroidery project! I picked up this little pillow pattern at the quilt show a few weeks ago…



This is called Vintage Holiday and is from This and That. The embroidery is short and sweet on this one, so I got it traced yesterday…



I even got the tree done last night. I want to make this for a Christmas gift, so I decided to get the embroidery part out of the way right now. It shouldn’t take too long and I’m not ready to dive into a long term project again right now.

I got a couple of other things done over the weekend, but first, this…



Don’t you just hate it when you stitch two pieces of fabric together and they magically turn into three pieces?? One was stuck behind the other, so I had to take that out, then move on. Oh well. The seam ripper likes to feel useful.

I was able to finish up Section 3 of the batik version of my Gypsy Wife quilt…



I’m not so sure about that pink, but I think in the big scheme of things (as in the completed quilt) it won’t bother me so much. So, I got that attached to the first two sections, and now this resides on my Design Wall…



I still have a couple of additional batik blocks to put together to make up Section 4, then do both Sections 3 & 4 for the neutral version. The next class for this is in 12 days, so I need to take some time this week to get moving on that.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a great week, and I will be linking up at:

Super Mom – No Cape! for the Stitchery Party
Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday


Head over to see some wonderful projects.

6 comments:

  1. That skate is adorable! I bet that metallic yarn gives it the perfect amount of shine. Good luck this week - I hope you get lots of stitching time. :) Thanks for sharing on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, your embroidery is beautiful! May I ask how you mark the designs on the fabric? I love batiks and they will all be so beautiful together in the farmer's wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Vintage Skate it is just beautiful. I really like that new embroidery. Sometimes we just need a small project to finish quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved that skate since the first time I saw it on your blog. I look forward to seeing the patchwork you do for it. I've done that 2 pieces of fabric becoming 3 trick, and it always makes me bang my head on the table. LOL Love the Gypsy Wife. Throw that same pink in somewhere else and it will defuse this one greatly. There are other pinks in there, after all. That Vintage Holiday is a cutie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your vintage ice skate turned out beautiful, your stitching is stunning. Oh my seam ripper gets a pretty good work out and I've done the extra piece behind too often to count.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your embroidered skate is wonderful. The truck will be a fun project.

    ReplyDelete