Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

RSC – April


I’m pretty excited that the color of the month for April is orange for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I have plenty of orange…



These are some of the oranges on my fabric shelf. I have loads of orange scraps to go through too, as well as my bins of scraps to find more oranges.

I have a variety of projects I would like to make with oranges this month, but I know it is a BIG list, so I just hope to get to a few of them. First, I didn’t get around to making a purple tote or purse for March, so I do hope to get one done in orange for April. I did make this little snack back in purple (with a little orange!) in March…



But it’s not much. I was just trying to figure out how to make it, really. It has PUL waterproof lining and is washable (yay!). It also has a sewn-in hook and loop closure that runs along the top, but it is not a tight seal. It will be fine to use for snacks or maybe granola on a hike.

I think one of the first things I will do is make a gift bag from this orange sail boat fabric…



I would like to have some more (and fun!) gift bags handy to use. I’ve depleted our gift bag stores, but haven’t been replenishing it.

I also would like to use these fabrics to make more of these little pumpkin mug rugs (on the right) for the fall and for gifts.



I picked up this pumpkin and cat fabric from the free table at a guild meeting a couple of months ago, and I would like to make a tote bag from that.




Other than that, I have some orange fabrics set aside to make border stars for the 2015 RSC Sawtooth Star quilt top; and I have some orange 2-1/2” strips that I will probably try to put into blocks with these black and white strips…



I hope to do these blocks throughout the month (and beyond!) and hopefully I’ll have quite a few done by the end of the month and be well on the way to a new Halloween quilt top.


I will work hard at taming my orange scraps this month and putting them to use. I’ll have a busy month, so we’ll see what I can get done. I will be linking up with Angela for the first RSC party of April. Head over for some great projects.

9 comments:

  1. ha! seperating those bland and white strips will be fun! Love your orange fabrics... such energy orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collection of orange fabrics waiting to go! Good luck with all those projects this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve got some great plans! I can’t wait for us all to get started!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky to have so many cute orange fabrics and lots of fun ideas, enough for a good month of quilting. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!! I absolutely LOVE your idea of making gift bags from fabric. I save all of my paper ones, but it never occurred to me to make some out of fabric. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great ideas for the orange month. What a great assortment of orange fabrics to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am impressed by your orange stash. It's not a color I have a lot of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have lots of fabrics to work with this month, lovely oranges in your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a LOT of orange! I have almost none, and it's going into butterflies.

    ReplyDelete