Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday Stitching and Other Stuff

I finished the truck for the Vintage Holiday pattern…



I think it turned out kinda cute! I didn’t follow the colors on the instructions; I just picked through my floss and found colors that looked like they would work and went with those. The instructions have the truck stitched in red, but I really wanted to use the turquoise, and it still matches the fabrics for the pillow. So it’s all good.

This week will be filled with clearing out “stuff” and sending it off to the thrift store or packing it away. That’s much better than just sitting in open boxes in the family room! I am also organizing and clearing out the sewing room. I will probably move my machine into the sunroom until the winter, and I’m putting all of my fabrics into bins and getting rid of some clutter. It can just be so overwhelming when you see it all sitting out. I need to calm down my sewing room and put it all away in something. So that’s the plan for the next week or so. I do have a couple of small projects I would like to get done and mailed out by the end of the week, so hopefully I will force myself to take some time from cleaning to do those.


I will be linking up today with Super Mom – No Cape for the Stitchery Party. Head over to see some great projects. Maybe while I’m cleaning up I can pick out a new stitching project to start!

4 comments:

  1. The truck piece turned out beautiful, Love the turquiose too. I have placed much of my clutter to thrifts shops over the past 2 years, my fabric is stored bins in the laundry room. I feel much calmer when I don't see the clutter of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Ute and the colors you chose. I'm clearing my Mum's flat at the moment and then its my house, it never stops. Good luck with your clearing. Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your truck in turquoise. It looks wonderfully Christmasy. That turned out very well. All that organizing - best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your vintage holiday truck!

    I'm working on getting my sewing room organized too. That's one thing about a move, when I unpack it gives me the chance to get things organized again.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete