Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Finishes & RSC

It’s been a couple of weeks since I posted a Friday Finishes, so this week I have a few things to share with you.

First, I was able to finish up the third and fourth sections on the Gypsy Wife quilts for both the neutral and batik versions. Section 4 will be attached at a later time, so here are both versions with Sections one, two, and three pieced together…



They have reached a point where there are enough different fabrics and pieces that I’m not sure I like parts of it, but I know once the whole quilt is done I’ll probably be happy with it. Things just kind of “stick out” to me right now, but they will mellow out in the end.

I also finished the long arm quilting on my Log Cabin Leaves quilt…



I just did some mini stippling in the “logs”. I will do some additional quilting in the leaves on my domestic machine. I think I know what I want to do with them, and I know I don’t do it well on the long arm at this point, so I am going to use my regular machine. I will practice another time on the long arm on a quilt or some fabric that isn’t as important to me as this quilt is.

I also got the quilting finished on three small kennel quilts. I wrote about them in this post, but hadn’t layered or quilted them yet. Here they are with simple quilting…



And here are the backs…



Now they are ready to go when needed.

Finally, since orange is the color for April for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I have a couple of orange projects that I finished. I made up a little gift bag with orange sailboats…



Not the tote or purse I was planning on making for each month for the RSC, but close enough. I will probably make more of these this year. 

I also went through my orange scraps for I May Have a Scrap Problem! and started to get them in order. I took some 2-1/2” jelly roll strips and pieced them into blocks with left over black and white strips, and ended up with this quilt top…



It’s always fun to actually make something with leftovers! I cut up more of my orange scraps into 2-1/2” strips and squares and I might piece a backing for this top with those strips. We’ll have to see what I end up with.

That’s about it. This weekend will be sunny and in the 70s here…perfect for outdoor work. Saturday is my Gypsy Wife Quilt class, then we are going to get some plants for the front yard and get them put in. After that we have a bit more yard work to do and a trailer to prep for camping.


In the meantime, I will be linking up with Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! on Friday and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday. Head over for some great projects.

11 comments:

  1. I can't express how much I love your ORANGE quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your orange quilt: the colours are so vibrant. Isn't it wonderful how just the right colours give a straightforward pattern such a WOW!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt. You have a nice collection of black n whites.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the little gift bag is fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week! Love the orange B&W blocks. Congrats for all the finishing and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty this week! I especially love that black and white and orange (all over) top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been busy making some great stuff!! Love the little bag and THAT quilt top is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like the strippy blocks. I've been wondering what to do with the increasing stack of smallish pieces and strips of black & white prints.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sailboat bag is really cute. I love the orange strip quilt. It's great that you had enough b/w strips for the job. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your leftover quilt photo is what drew me in! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I figured it was time to check on your Gypsy Wife progress, as long as I was here. =) Good going. I can see what you mean, but there's nothing that bothers me about either top. I think you are right about the smoothing out when there's more together. Love the tote! But I really love the orange, black and white stripes!

    ReplyDelete