My goal for I May Have a Scrap Problem in April was to deal with my orange scraps. I’m pleased to say that I made a lot of progress with the orange scraps. I used some 2-1/2” orange strips along with some black and white strips to make this scrappy quilt top…
I am very happy with how it turned out. Now I need to piece a back for it…and use up more scraps!
I cut some more orange scraps into 2-1/2” strips and put them with black & white strips to make some small kennel quilts.
I sewed them end to end, and then sewed them together into a piece six strips wide (like a lasagna quilt). After that I cut them to size and was able to come up with six kennel quilts. I was also able to use scraps for the backing, plus I’m using up a lot of batting scraps for these kennel quilts. I have made quite a dent in my batting scraps!
I have really enjoyed making something out of my scraps, rather than just sorting and organizing them. I am going to make more of an effort to complete a project with my scraps, rather than just organizing them.
I will be linking up with the finishes party for I May Have a Scrap Problem for April. Head over to see everyone’s progress.