Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April Scrap Progress

My goal for I May Have a Scrap Problem in April was to deal with my orange scraps. I’m pleased to say that I made a lot of progress with the orange scraps. I used some 2-1/2” orange strips along with some black and white strips to make this scrappy quilt top…



I am very happy with how it turned out. Now I need to piece a back for it…and use up more scraps!

I cut some more orange scraps into 2-1/2” strips and put them with black & white strips to make some small kennel quilts.



I sewed them end to end, and then sewed them together into a piece six strips wide (like a lasagna quilt). After that I cut them to size and was able to come up with six kennel quilts. I was also able to use scraps for the backing, plus I’m using up a lot of batting scraps for these kennel quilts. I have made quite a dent in my batting scraps!

I have really enjoyed making something out of my scraps, rather than just sorting and organizing them. I am going to make more of an effort to complete a project with my scraps, rather than just organizing them.

I will be linking up with the finishes party for I May Have a Scrap Problem for April. Head over to see everyone’s progress.

5 comments:

  1. Great projects! Really like the little kennel quilts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you did with the scrappy quilt top, it's turned into a very nice quilt. The kennel quilts are a great idea too.
    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kennel quilts are fantastic - our guild is looking into this as a charity project. Yes, it is about using them, not storing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your orange scrappy projects, especially your kennel quilts. So very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete