Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

April Finishes

It’s the end of the month, so it’s time to see what I accomplished in the sewing room…

First we’ll start with the One Monthly Goal for April…um, not quite done. I actually haven’t even taken it off of the long arm frame to finish the machine quilting on my domestic machine. So here it sits…



It is mostly quilted, but I had hoped to finish the quilting and get it bound. No such luck. I obviously got caught up in other things, such as…kennel quilts





I made fourteen this month. It was just such fun making something so quick and easy. I think I needed the feeling of completing some projects. Plus, it cleared out a bunch of scraps, so that’s a good thing.

Speaking of scraps, I used some of my orange scraps this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and completed a scrappy quilt top…



…and a gift bag…



…along with the orange kennel quilts above, which I finished this week.

I was also able to finish up a couple of embroidery projects this month. I finally completed the Vintage Skate…



I picked up some fabric to finish this wall hanging, so I hope to get to it soon.

I also completed the Vintage Holiday embroidery…



This will go on a pillow. I have all of the fabrics to make this project as well, so hopefully I’ll get to it soon. And just so my hands don’t get bored, I traced out a new stitchery…



This is Witches Hurray from Bird Brain Designs.

The rest of the work this month was with my Gypsy Wife quilts. I was able to finish Sections 3 and 4 this month of both versions. Here are the first three sections of both of them…



I don’t have a photo of Section 4…it is just a couple of blocks and won’t be attached for a while. This morning I completed the two main blocks of Section 5 for the batik version…



(Please pardon my shadow in the lower right corner)
They turned out pretty well. I hope to do more on this at the beginning of next week.

That’s about it from here for April. This will be a rainy weekend, so I will probably spend much of it inside cleaning and organizing – maybe a little stitching on the side.  I hope you all have a great weekend. I will be linking up with the following…

One Monthly Goal April Finish with Red Letter Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! with Confessions of a Fabric Addict
RainbowScrap Challenge with So Scrappy



12 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been BUSY! The Maple Leaves look lovely , as do the stitcheries,

    AND fourteen kennel Quilts! Congrats on a great month, thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of progress on multiple fronts. Love your stitcheries, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had a busy month stitching! I love your maples, and not one, but two, gypsy wives: wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness - you have had a very productive month! Great job using up all that orange and 14 kennel quilts. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... you had a very productive month!
    Such a lovely skate block already finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! All those things finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks. Two gypsy quilts in progress. I have always LOVED that pattern. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy wow! I would have been impressed with just the two gypsies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those kennel quilts are. A great. Idea and so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having a quick finish is a great feeling. Especially because it uses up so many leftover bits. Great month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FOURTEEN kennel quilts AND that lovely ORANGE quilt top?! Between those and the miscellaneous projects, it's no wonder that you didn't find time time to finish that quilting. April was a BUSY month!!

    ReplyDelete