Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Slow Stitching

It’s been a quiet week here on the blog. In real life it was one of those not so great weeks, but since we came through it all healthy and happy enough, all is good. Do you ever notice that a couple of bad things can so overwhelm the good things in your life? Ugh. I’m back on the bright side this weekend though. As a reward for a cruddy week, I am planning on a nice quiet stitching day. It’s gotten cold again today – highs in the 40s – and there is a chance of snow on this first day of spring. So I will wrap up with a blanket (and probably a cat on my lap) and get some stitching done.

I will definitely be working on the Vintage Skate…



I was able to finish up the blade, so now I’m adding some lovely pink laces to the boot.

I may also try to get the binding attached to this snowman wall hanging…



I was able to finish up the quilting on this early in the week, so I just need to attach the binding then hand stitch it down.


That’s about it for now. I will be linking up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching. Check out the great projects!

8 comments:

  1. Stitching is the perfect medicine!
    Love that skate you are stitching...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you didn't have a great week. I'm glad you are able to take time this weekend to take a break and do some slow stitching! Hopefully next week goes by better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skate is adorable! I hope you are back to feeling good soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snowmen blocks! The skate is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the week and hoping this week is a much better one. Your skate is coming along nicely. I love your snowman wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you can relax today and stitch. Always good therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful pattern to stitch. It is so great to have only to binding a quilt isn't it? The snowman is a pretty wall hanging. Relax and enjoy your slow stitching today. Have a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find your vintage skate design oh so nice. I have never ice-skated in my life but I love the beauty of the sport.

    ReplyDelete