Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Scrap Busting Progress for March

I made some progress with my scraps this month. My goal was to sort through this mess…



I was able to go through that pile of scraps and pull out the 2-1/2” and 1-1/2” strips and put them in my bins for those widths. The rest of the pile was cut 2-1/2”, 2”, 1-1/2”, or less than that (but no narrower than 1”). After looking around a bit for something to do with my strips, I think I have decided on working on a scrappy lozenge quilt from Bonnie Hunter. You can find the pattern under her “Free Patterns” tab. She has the instructions for using 2-1/2” strips, so I went with that, and ended up cutting some scraps 2-1/2” by 5”. All of my 1-1/2” squares will work as the corner triangles. Yay!

So all of that got pressed, cut, and sorted, and I still had time left in the month…not much, but a little bit. So, since this was purple month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I took my bucket of purple scraps and started sorting them as well…



I pulled out all of the strips that were already the size I am saving, then I started cutting some of the remaining scraps. I was able to get several rectangles for lozenges, along with some strips. I didn’t get through all of my purples, but that’s OK…this was just bonus points!  I picked up a few more storage bins a couple of days ago, so I was then able to get those strips and rectangles put away!



I have one empty bin…I’m sure I will come up with something to put in it!

I made another project using some more of my scraps, but I will be posting about that tomorrow. I’m happy to say that it is all done and hanging on my living room wall. I used up some fabric panels with birds…



That’s all you get to see! I’ll post the finished photos tomorrow. In the mean time I will be linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for the March Progress Report for “I May Have a Scrap Problem!” Head over to see how everyone is taming their scraps.



1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Linda! You met your goal and passed it - that's awesome!! I bet it feels good. Keep up the good work - do you have big plans for April too? Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete