Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Rainbow Stars

I didn’t work on any purple this week for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but I did get some work done on my 2015 RSC Sawtooth Stars quilt. I put all of my big stars into rows…



I think this is the layout (color wise) that I like best. I have a 2 inch strip between each star in the rows, and I will put in a 2 inch strip horizontally between the rows. I want the stars to kind of “float” rather than be touching.

I still have more small stars to make and configure them into a border. But first I will need to get the horizontal sashing added and get this part of the top put together. I will probably not get to this until after next week. I need to spend a little time actually quilting some things next week. Hopefully by the end of the month this part of the top will be done!


I will be linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2016 over at So Scrappy. Head over for some lovely purple projects!

16 comments:

  1. Looking good!! At first I thought you had PINK in every block, but then I realized those were Post-Its to keep track of you quilt layout. TOO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Floating stars means no points to match, which always gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your RSC15 sampler looks great! I recently finished mine, as well, and I'm looking forward to working on this year's column along...

    ReplyDelete
  4. putting these together is a challenge. Good job
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY pretty -- like the color flow in your arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So striking. I'm still making blocks for mine, but will be reaching the layout point soon! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the touch of pink in the blocks, especially the dark greens. The idea of having a floating appearance will make each one stand out. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilt those blocks are going to make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. I look forward to seeing the quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout! I like how the colors move across the quilt.
    Are you going to use cornerstones, too, or just the plain sashing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I took a real close look at these blocks and saw you had post it notes on them!! I couldn't figure out the 'pink' in each block! Lol!!
    Your blocks look fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished! No pressure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to have a goal for the month. Good luck in completing the quilt. Should be just lovely with the smaller border stars.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These block will make a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete