Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March Goals

I have several items I would like to work on in March (and maybe finish one or two!)

First, for my One Monthly Goal for March, I would like to make another snowman wall hanging like this one…



I double checked and I have four more of these blocks to make it…



I also have sashing and cornerstones cut from making the first wall hanging. I had sort of planned on making another one back in 2014 when I made it, so I have extras. This will be donated to the small quilt sale for our guild quilt show in June, so I would like to get this one ready to turn in at the April meeting.

Other than that, I want to finish Section 2 for both the neutral and the batik colorways of the Gypsy Wife quilts. I have another class in less than 3 weeks, so I want these done before then. After that it will be on to Section 3.

I also want to complete the applique for the first two months of Tuxedo Tales. Here is the January block pattern…



And here is the February block pattern…



I should be receiving the March kit soon, so I will work on these for my hand stitching for the next couple of weeks. Then I should be ready for the March block.

Also, I want to make some progress on the 2015 RSC Sawtooth Stars quilt. 



I haven’t done anything on it this year except make a few small stars. I will try to start putting the top together so I can figure out exactly how many more small stars I need. 

I also hope to quilt this top…



I think I have decided to just square it up and quilt and bind it as is, without another border. I will need to get some backing fabric and batting, but this will probably be my quilting project for the month.

And finally, I will probably start working on putting together the top for HocusPocusVille. This link is the pattern photo from Crab Apple Hill Studio. It looks to be pretty simple piecing, and I picked up some fat eighths last month for the 9 patches, so I will probably start putting those together in March.

And that’s about it for this month, I think.  I will be heading to the quilt show in Pigeon Forge this month, and I have my GW class this month. Tonight is our guild meeting and next week is our guild Board meeting. I’m sure there will be plenty more that pops up on my calendar to tend to as well. But in the between times, I hope to get lots done in the sewing room.


For today I will be linking up with Red Letter Quilts for the March goal setting party for One Monthly Goal (OMG). Head over to see what everyone is working on…and Happy March!

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Sounds like you will be busy. Have a great trip to Pigeon Forge. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a busy month planned. Those snowmen are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals. I love that sawtooth stars quilt in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a busy month ahead! I had forgotten all about the Pigeon Forge Show. Smoky Mountain Quilt Fest is only about 4 miles from my house in June (instead of Maryville College), and I guess I was thinking more about that. Your snowmen are cute as can be and will be a welcome addition to the auction, I'm sure! Love those bigger stars in your RSC quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowman wallhanging looks like a reasonable project to get done this month -- and you'll have it ready in plenty of time for next winter! Hope you'll be able to get a lot done on your other projects, too. Enjoy the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete