Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Finishes and 1st Quarter FAL

I participated in the 1st Quarter of the 2016 Finish-Along at She Can Sew (#28 at the goal link-up). Today is the last day of the quarter, and the first day to link up our finishes. I had seven projects listed, but only finished two. I also worked on two others, but no finishes there.

The first finish was the Joann’s Sampler quilt



This was probably my oldest UFO in my sewing room…but not anymore! I’m happy to say I was able to get it quilted and bound in January, and it is now sitting in my living room. It’s nice to get those oldies but goodies done!

The second finish was the Easy Street quilt.



This was Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt several years ago. It has been sitting waiting to be quilted for a couple of years. I finished this one in February and it’s ready to go to its forever home…probably at Christmas. It’s nice to have that one out of my mind as well.

There were a few more finishes for March. I was able to meet my OMG goal for March at Red Letter Quilts…



The snowmen wall hanging is done and ready to turn in at the quilt guild meeting next week. This is a donation for our quilt show sale.

I also quilted and attached the binding to five charity quilts…



These will also go to the guild meeting next week for others to hand stitch the binding.

I was able to use up a few scraps this month too. I didn't get a bag made for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for March, but I made this purple tray and purple snack bag…




And I used up some bird panel scraps making this wall hanging for my living room…



I’m really pleased with how this turned out.

Besides those things, I continued working on my other projects. I completed the second sections of both of my Gypsy Wife quilts…




I completed the January block for Tuxedo’s Tales…



I was able to get the Rainbow Stars blocks put into rows…



And I got the Log Cabin Leaves loaded on the long arm and started the quilting on it…



I guess the only other project I worked on this month was the Vintage Skate embroidery…



I have now completed the skate section and just have the top portion to finish. This will be my hand work for the next several weeks. This is the center panel for a wall hanging that I hope to have done for Christmas this year.

So that’s it from here. I hope you had a wonderful March and are ready for April. It will be gardening season and the beginning of camping season here, so those will be cutting into my sewing time. I hope you are having a wonderful spring wherever you are!

I will be linking up with Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation, and at the 2016 FAL Finishes for Q1 at A Quilter’s Table.



3 comments:

  1. I love your Easy Street quilt! I still need to quilt mine -it's on my Q2 list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got lots done, congrats on your finishes!! It's always fun to get an older UFO done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work in finishing your quilts, they are lovely! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete