Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Finishes

It’s time to talk about finishes.

First, it’s the finish of winter! I usually like winter, and this has been an extremely mild winter here (especially compared to the bitterly cold one last year). But I am ready for the garden and bright warm days. We got a few things put in the garden a couple of weeks ago, and already we have some broccoli!



In the sewing room I was able to finish the quilting on the new snowmen wall hanging…



Yesterday I added the hanging sleeve and loops and I attached the binding. I’m now working on hand stitching the binding down. This is for the small quilt sale at our guild show in June, and it is also my One Monthly Goal for March. I think I will get it done in time!

Much of my time in the sewing room this week was spent clearing out some scraps, including scraps to make this bird wall hanging…




Sorry I don't have a photo of it put together. I will take another photo once it is hanging up. The second photo shows some of the quilting. The blocks are Disappearing 9-Patches, and the birds are from some scrap panels I picked up on the free table at a quilt guild meeting. I finished quilting it and attached the hanging sleeve/loops, and I attached the binding to it. I just need to hand stitch the binding, add a label, and hang it up in the living room.

I also was able to get the Log Cabin Leaves loaded onto the quilt frame.



I plan to start quilting that today. Maybe I can get it done by the end of the weekend.

That’s about it. This week started out pretty sad. I no longer have my sewing buddy.

Fluffy  2000-2016


We found out a week ago Monday that Miss Fluffy most likely had brain cancer, and then over last weekend she went downhill quickly. Monday afternoon we had to put her down. I know she wasn’t feeling well, but she also didn’t seem to be in pain yet, which is a good thing. She spent the last day hanging out in my lap or sitting under her blanket in my chair (her favorite spot). She had a good (and spoiled!) life with us, and a long one at 16 years. We miss her already. Two pets gone within a year makes it pretty quiet around here, but we still have two more to heap loves on…

Ginger

Suki

That’s about it for this week. I will be linking up with the Whoop! Whoop! Finishes party at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I hope you head over to see all the great projects, and for those of you who celebrate, have a wonderful Easter weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful cat - and sewing buddy. Love the bird quilt and the maple leaf log cabin, they look beautiful. Pleased you still have a couple of furry friends around, they are very special.

    ReplyDelete