Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday Finishes

I got one big thing finished this week and one little thing. In between I did a few other things, but nothing super exciting.

The really exciting finish for this week is the second section of the Neutral Gypsy Wife quilt…



This second section has a strip on the far right that is partially seamed. Once you get the top of Section 2 pieced to the bottom of Section 1, then you continue sewing that strip up the right side of Section 1. Here are the two sections put together…



I am pretty happy with this one.

Yesterday I started in on Section 2 for the batik version of the Gypsy Wife. This is how far I got…



I still need to make the Old Maid’s Puzzle block that goes in the bottom right corner, and piece the remaining blocks together. I’m not sure I am happy with the Pershing block in the top left. I may remove the outer triangles and find something else to replace them. They just don’t really seem “to go” with the rest of the block. Plus, I had such fits with this block (I also had fits with the neutral version of this block). I think it is the triple triangles on the outside of the block. All those bias edges just give me fits and this block ended up all wonky and ¼ inch too big. I may even consider remaking it. I’ll see how I feel when I head back to the sewing room today. It will probably be difficult to put into the section the way it is. Ugh.

Tuesday night I grabbed a purple scrap off the free table and yesterday I finally made a little fabric tray.



I have been wanting to try making these for a while now. These are from A Spoonful of Sugar and I think they are so cute. This one is about 4 inches across and the bottom of it is 2-1/2 inches square. I took me 20-30 minutes to make, but I think after making a few that time will be cut down. They would make cute little gifts.

I also worked a bit on the January block for Tuxedo’s Tales…



Here he is with his red scarf. Next I will put the snowman on his head (that’s where it goes!) and then get his nose and eyes done. There will still be some embroidery on the background (snowflakes), but hopefully I can make some progress on him this weekend.

That’s about it from here. The weather is supposed to warm up over the next week, so I believe this weekend will be filled with outside work and getting the garden ready. Then there are the taxes…ergh…we’ll get taxes done this weekend too so it’s out of the way. Then we can enjoy the rest of the weekend! I hope you do too!

I will be linking up today at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! and at So Scrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.



8 comments:

  1. Wow two Gypsy Wife quilts!! I think the neutral one is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neutral version of Gypsy Wife is very interesting, I hadn't thought of it like that before and it's lovely. I've had the pattern for a while and something always gets in the way-out I'm tempted to just start it with scraps and see how I go, although when I look at your neutral version..............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your version of the Gypsy Wife will make a gorgeous quilt. Love the purple tray. Happy Scrap weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your neutral version is lovely. I love the little owl in the second version. Keep up the good work!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quilt. I never would have thought of doing it in neutrals but from what I see it looks wonderful. I've been thinking of getting the pattern...maybe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabric selection really makes a difference in a quilt. At times you'd be hard pressed to recognize them as the same pattern. Both versions are definitely interesting. I love the timid nature of the neutral one and the boldness of the other. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! Your Neutral Gypsy is going to be FABULOUS!!! Glad you got a bit of PURPLE sewing done, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your neutral Gypsy Wife! That is going to be so cool!

    ReplyDelete