Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Do I Have Scraps?

You betcha! Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict is starting link-ups for scrap busting at…






(Warning - this is a photo heavy post!)

We will work through the month on our scrap “problems” and then link up at the end of the month to see what progress we have made sorting and using up those crazy scraps. They sometimes seem to appear out of nowhere!

I have scraps all over my sewing room. I have them in bins and in bags and just laying everywhere. Some are sorted, but most are not. Here are some of my scraps in (and out) of their storage…






I have lots more all over the room, and I even have batting scraps…



I need to tame them. So, my goal for the month of March is to go through one bag (it’s a gift bag about 12 by 8 inches) and sort through, press, toss if necessary, cut, and put away the scraps. This is the pile I hope to get through this month…



To make matters a little more difficult, I hit the free table at the quilt guild meeting last night and came home with all of these lovelies…









The top one is a great backing fabric and is width of fabric by about 60 inches. There are a lot of Thanksgiving fabrics and a couple that I plan to make table toppers out of (and that turkey panel is 30" x 40"). Some are just small scraps that I thought I would use (isn’t that always the case?) So, some of these will go with my scraps. The good thing is that I do have plans for a few of these already. We’ll see what comes of it.

For now, I will link up at the inaugural I May Have a Scrap Problem goal setting party. Have a great rest of the week!


7 comments:

  1. Your post made me laugh. It isn't as if I don't make a ton of them myself, but what do I always head for if the store has one? The scrap bin! Bags of scraps or remnants or stuff your own baggie - I can't resist scraps! I will love seeing how this works out for you. Maybe I'll play along in the background, unofficially. One bite at a time and that elephant could be a mouse, right? =) Good luck! Google is finally letting me comment in these boxes, using only my Google sign in - that's a step up from not being able to no matter what I used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a beautiful problem to have though? I remember when I started to quilt, I didn't have a lot of fabric and wished I had more. Wish my other prayers were answered too but no, just that one. I now have lots of scraps lol. Good luck with your goals. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working a bag a month is progress. I think you picked up some real treasures from your quilt guild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your round buckets by color! Looks like you will be busy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I'm hopeless with scraps too - love them, cant bear to see anything thrown, and they threaten to take over my space at times! Good luck with your goal this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! It's nice to have company on my scrappy journey!! Together, we WILL tame that scrap monster that lurks in our studios!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great fabrics and scraps there. Have fun using them; or admiring what you can't use yet. (visiting from the "I may have a scrap problem" link up)

    ReplyDelete