Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Block of the Month(s) Progress

I have made a bit of progress in the past week on my BOMs. Last Friday I finished Section 2 of the neutral colorway of Gypsy Wife. You can read that post here. Then I was able to finish up Section 2 of the batik colorway…



As I mentioned in the previous post, I wasn’t happy with the Pershing block in the batik GW. That’s the block in the top left corner. So, I removed the outer “shell” of the block and got back down to where I was happy with it…



Then I rebuilt it and it turned out much better. So, I got that section stitched to the first section, and now the batik GW looks like this…



It amazes me to see the two color ways side by side. Here’s the neutral one for comparison…



(Just ignore the fact that I flipped around the block in the bottom right corner on the batik version!)

I have to take two different views of piecing when I’m putting together the blocks. It’s pretty fun! I am happy with how both are turning out, though I think I prefer the neutral one right now.

Other than that, I have only worked a little on Tuxedo’s Tales. I have just started stitching the snowman onto Tuxedo’s head in the January block…



I still have a bit of applique to go, and then some embroidery before this block is finished. I may take this tomorrow to our guild Bee and work on it.

That’s about it for now. We spent the last couple of days getting the garden ready and putting some peas, broccoli, and cauliflower in the ground. I also started some lettuce, green onions, and carrots. I’m so looking forward to spring! Today will be putting away my Snow Village stuff for the year (yes, it is still on display!) and cleaning up the house. Tonight will be a Board meeting, tomorrow the Bee, and then I think the rest of the week I can clean and sew. What fun!

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and stop by What A Hoot Quilts for some fun BOMs.



No comments:

Post a Comment