Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Bleary Monday

Well, maybe not bleary…just dark. My least favorite thing about Daylight Savings Time is that it is so dark in the mornings. I like waking up and having the sun come up by the time we’re moving around. Soon I’ll adjust.

This past week was a little bit busy in the sewing room. My Design Wall has the Rainbow Stars rows I put together…



(Those are pink Post It Notes in the center of the stars!)

And I was able to finish up the January block for Tuxedo’s Tales…



I’ll be starting the February block soon…



I also quilted a couple of Ronald McDonald House quilts and started on a third. It is on the long arm right now and I should be able to get that finished today. This week I hope to get started quilting on the Log Cabin Leaves…



…and get one or two more RMH quilts done. I also hope to finish up the quilting on the snowmen wall hanging for our quilt show Small Quilt Sale. 



I don’t have a lot more to do; I just wasn’t in the mood to continue the FMQ on this last week, so I knew it was time to take a break from it. I’ll get my head straight this week and finish that top up.

The only other work I have done is on my Vintage Skate embroidery…



I have mostly finished with the boot part of the skate and I’m working on the blade right now. I’ll then get the laces done, then be able to finish up the edge of the boot that runs down through the laces. I don’t think I have picked this up for about 4 or 5 days…I haven’t felt like stitching in the evenings. But I will try to carve out some time in the late afternoons to work on this during the week.

I have an eye appointment Thursday, and then Friday will be Mountain QuiltFest! I’m looking forward to going this year. I’m not looking for anything in particular, but I hope to be able to shop around. I’ll be heading out there with my hubby, and I feel kind of bad making him stand around while I shop at the vendor stalls. Maybe I’ll get over that by Friday J. He really enjoys looking at all the quilts. One day I’ll get him to actually make one!

I hope you have a great Monday (Pi Day!!!). I will be linking up at the following parties. Head over to see what everyone else is working on.

Design Wall at Patchwork Times
Stitchery Party at Super Mom – No Cape!
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts



7 comments:

  1. Love the skate and Happy Pi Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work all is all so lovely! I LOVE your January block and the Skate embroidery. (I'm not sure I could convince my husband to go to a quilt show with me. However, he saw a flyer for the Project Linus at the last show I went to and asked if we could make a quilt together to donate. He's only sewn twice that I know of - both times to help make Halloween costumes for our boys.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing your projects, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love your work, thank you for sharing. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tuxedo Tales is so adorable. The Vintage Skate is just beautiful. Of course all of your other projects are very pretty too. You are quite busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the skate! And I completely forgot about Pigeon Forge. Hope you have a wonderful time. I guess I won't be showing up this year again. LOL

    ReplyDelete