Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

The End of a Long Week

I’ve been able to complete several things this week, even though the past couple of days I’ve been laid up with a migraine. Ergh! At least today I don’t hurt and I can keep my eyes open. I just have a migraine hangover feeling that is an annoyance. At least I’m more bright eyed and bushy tailed today!

I got a couple of things done this month for RSC. First, I was able to put together three brown blocks for the 2015 RSC Sampler quilt…



I am slowly getting to the point of putting this quilt together. I think I may have to make it a One Monthly Goal to get it done.

I also got a purse made for February…



I really like this purse, except the handles. They are just ribbon, but the knot inside the bag takes up so much room I think I am going to make some handles from the dark brown fabric. This was so fun and easy to make; even the grommets weren’t bad once I got it figured out. I spent probably less than two hours total making this. Plus it was fun to make – bonus points!
  
I will be linking up at So Scrappy for the last brown RSC link-up. Head over for some great projects…and to see what March’s color will be!

I’ve also been working on the binding for Easy Street. Here it is against the border on the front…



And here it is next to the backing fabric…



I really like the gray polka dot binding. I still have about 100 inches to go. Finishing Easy Street is my One Monthly Goal for February and it’s one of my 2016 First Quarter Finish-A-Long projects. Barring anything major happening in the house, I think I can get that last 100 inches done by Monday.

For some miscellaneous items, I was also able to quilt and attach binding to 3 Ronald McDonald House quilts, so those are ready to take to the guild meeting on Tuesday. I was also able to get a couple of blocks cut out for the neutral Gypsy Wife quilt. And, I started the hand applique on the January block of Tuxedo’s Tales. Here’s the pattern…



I did get a couple of other small finishes earlier in the week (yay!). I fused the applique on the little Halloweenie block…



This is a block from a McKenna Ryan BOM that I picked up at the quilt shop last Saturday. I will probably stop by and pick up more throughout the next several months. I won’t be top stitching it until I get them all put together into a quilt top, but step one is done! 

I also finished up this little mini snowman quilt…



And here is the backing fabric with hangers…



I made up a bunch of these little snowman blocks last year (or the year before, I can’t remember) and I ended up making some pot holders and a snowman wall hanging…



I still have 4 or 5 snowman blocks left. I may use them to put together a little wall hanging for our small quilt sale at the quilt show.

And that’s about it for this week. I will also be linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for “Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop!” Head over to see all the lovely finishes – and have a great weekend!


7 comments:

  1. wow what a productive week. I think I like your brown simple stars better than my brown blocks this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive week. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. The tote is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy sewing this week. Good luck in finishing those "nearly done" projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you had a very busy week. I love the bag! I think I would have to change the handles also. Should be easy enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really covered the whole year with your finishes. The stars turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great projects. SO much accomplished even though you weren't feeling well. Love the binding on Easy Street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late to the party due to migraines too. What a total nuisance. Hopefully we'll both be feeling better this week. It looks like you got a lot accomplished in spite of being down for a couple of days. Cute bag!

    ReplyDelete