Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

One Month Down

We made it through the first month of January. I still have a few Christmas things to put away. But I just claim they are “winter-y” and go with it.

I completed quite a few things in January. First up, on my Design Wall for this week are my Gypsy Wife Section 1 blocks in both colorways – neutral/tans and batiks…



I am so happy with how they turned out and I am still enjoying working on them. My next class on this BOM is in about three weeks, so I will spend some time between now and then cutting more of the background strips. I already have some cut for a couple more sections. I may even work ahead and get some of the strips pieced together. Some of the later sections are a bit more involved, so it might be nice to have some of the background strips already done.

I also completed THREE HocusPocusVille blocks in January. Yay me!





I have the final one hooped up and I started on it over the weekend. I think I may work at this one this week and see if I can’t finish it by the upcoming weekend.

The biggie that I finished in January is the very old Joann’s Sampler quilt.



This was my OMG-It’s Finished! project for January. I am so glad this is out of a drawer and ready to be used.

This blue tote…



was my project for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for January. I finished that a couple of weeks ago and I’m really happy how it turned out.

A few other little items I did in January…

I made a swap block for our February quilt guild meeting tomorrow night…



I made the background squares for Bird Dance…



And I quilted a couple of charity quilts. Here's the label on one of them...



So, looking ahead to February…I have a few things I would like to accomplish. First, for my OMG-It’s Finished! goal for February I would like to complete (as in quilt, bind and label) my Easy Street quilt…



As you can see it is loaded onto the long arm. I think I can get the quilting done next week (I hope!), then work on the binding the rest of the month. This quilt was finished (I think) a couple of years ago, so it will be nice to get it done. This will be a gift so I hope it turns out nice!

I also want to finish the last HPV block in February. Here it is hooped up…



Does anyone need a half-price cape? I really don’t think I’m going to be able to contain myself and hold off on starting the quilt top on this one until the fall. I’m sure I will head out to the quilt store sometime in the next couple of months to get some fabric to start on the top!

I also hope to get borders put on the Log Cabin Leaves top…



Once I get the background strips cut for the batik Gypsy Wife, I’ll know what I have left over to make a border for LCL. I’m using brown and green batiks for both, but I want GW to have all its parts and pieces before using them on another project.

I also plan on quilting a couple of charity quilts and getting borders attached; plus, once the HPV block is done, I will devote my hand working time to the Christmas mini from Temecula Quilt Co…



As you can see I opted to not use Christmas colors. I am hand piecing this top, so I would like to get the top put together by the end of February. It’s very small…I think mine will finish about 12 x 18, maybe a little bigger. So I’m hoping it won’t take too long.

So that’s about it. I think I have plenty to keep busy during a (hopefully) cold February.

I will be linking up at:

Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
The Stitchery Party at Super Mom – No Cape
BOMs Away at What a Hoot Quilts
OneMonthly Goal at Red Letter Quilts

I hope you have a wonderful week, and head on over to see all of the great projects at the link-up parties.




11 comments:

  1. You got a lot done in January and it looks as though you hope to as well in February. Easy Street was (is) one of my favorite Quiltville designs -- good luck with achieving this OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your neutrals Gypsy Wife as it comes along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you accomplished a lot in January and have an impressive line up for February! I hope you get lots of sewing time this week. :) Thanks for sharing on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your HPV blocks are amazing, one block left to embroider thats so exciting, I am just starting the 5th block. You had a very productive January Looking forward to seeing your finsihed quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for your January goal - and Fingers crossed for your february goal. I really like the two different colorways for your Gypsy Wife quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your finishes! Wow you are able to finish a lot of beautiful projects. Will be fun to see your OMG for February when it is done, and also looking forward to seeing the neutrals Gypsy Wife as it progresses.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fun things here! And you accomplished so much for January! My month was far less productive, but I'm satisfied with what I did manage around the challenges in place. :) LOVE that Gypsy's Wife in the neutrals. I haven't seen one done that way, and it's really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Easy Street quilt is so vibrant. Good luck with finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, you definitely have some fantastic projects on the go! I love Bonnie's mysteries, I made Easy Street, skipped Celtic Solstice, and my Grand Illusion and Allietare are still flimsies.

    ReplyDelete