Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Leap Year Day!

What will you do with an extra day this year? I hope to spend some of mine in the sewing room. But first I have some errands to run. Isn’t that always the case?

It’s exciting times here…I finished Easy Street so I reached my OMG goal for February! I was #1 at the Goal Setting Party. Here is a photo of it all bound and ready to go…



This is also one of my 1st Quarter Goals for the 2016 Finish Along, so two birds with one stone!

I also worked on a couple of BOMs this past weekend. I was able to make one of the main blocks for the second section of the neutral Gypsy Wife…



This block is a Pershing Block. I never heard that name, but I’ve seen the block before. It took a bit of maneuvering, but I got it done. I’m not certain how happy I am with the block, but I think once it gets put into the quilt it will be fine.

The other BOM I worked on this weekend was some hand stitching on Tuxedo’s Tales…



This is Tuxedo’s head for the January block. I have the white piece for his face and his red scarf all ready to stitch down now, so maybe I can get to that sometime today.

I think that’s all I have to share today. I have chores to do and errands to run today, then maybe I can spend a little time later in the day in the sewing room. If so, I will probably work a little more on the neutral Gypsy Wife. I have the other main block of Section 2 cut out and ready to piece, so that will be first on my agenda.

I hope you have a wonderful Leap Year Day! I will be linking up at the parties below. Head over to see some wonderful projects.

One Monthly Goal (OMG) at Red Letter Quilts
Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times
BOMs Away at What a Hoot Quilts
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. And I loved the Pershing Block. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous quilt...such nice colours. I really like the Pershing Block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your finish! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors you used in Easy Street are my favorite color combinations. It's a great quilt - congrats on the finish! Thanks for linking to MCM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy Street turned out amazing!
    Those little mushrooms are really sweet in your Pershing block:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Easy Street is so pretty, Linda!!! And that Pershing block turned out really neat in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm loving the neutral one best! I really, REALLY like that Pershing block.

    ReplyDelete