Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Finishes

It has been a pretty quiet week in the sewing room this past week. I have spent a lot of time doing computer work for our guild quilt show, so that cuts in to my sewing room time. However, I think I am done for a couple of months with the show, so I won’t need to worry about that for a while.

I also was able to spend some time in the sewing room burying threads and fixing some skipped stitches on Easy Street, along with some project planning. Unfortunately, there is not much to show for those things. I did get a couple of things done since last Friday. First, I made 3 small brown stars for the 2015 RSC Sawtooth Star Sampler quilt…



And the big finish…HocusPocusVille blocks are done!



This is the final one (12 in all). I plan on adding some beads and buttons, so there are a few places that aren’t stitched yet, but I don’t think I am going to add those embellishments until I have the top put together. I am putting HPV away for now, but I have a note on my calendar for later in March to start planning out the quilt top. I’m looking forward to that!

Tomorrow is my second Gypsy Wife class. I have Section 1 done for both colorways that I’m making…



I hope to get the next section done in the next couple of weeks. I have also cut some more of the background strips for the remaining sections of the batik GW, so I will try to finish that cutting in March.


In the meantime, I will be linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Head over for some great projects.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your Gypsy Wives! I finished my GW top last year, but haven't gotten it quilted yet. It was a challenge for me, and I probably would have fared a little better with a class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good about planning time. It might help my projects along better if I did actually plan time for them. But a weekly to do list helps a bunch...until I realize I finished a quilt that wasn't on the list even though I didn't need it done right away. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete