Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Easy Street is Quilted!

I’ve finished quilting Easy Street! Woo hoo! It has been waiting nearly 2 years to get quilted, but it’s done now.

Here are a couple of close ups of the quilting…

I don’t know how well you can see it, but I just did a medium size meandering stitch all over. I had some problems at times with some skipped stitches on my machine, so I will fix those places on the quilt. I also still need to bury the threads as well. All in all, I think my Juki and I got along quite well J

Here is the back of the quilt…

It hides the imperfections in the quilting!

On Wednesday I will get this trimmed down and get the threads taken care of. Then it will be ready for the binding. I will be using this fabric…

This fabric appears in the little four-patch units in the quilt. I really like the dots on it. 

Hopefully by the weekend I will be able to have the binding attached and be ready to hand stitch this down. Finishing Easy Street was my One Monthly Goal for February, so I’m getting closer to a finish!

1 comment:

  1. Your quilting turned out so well. And you're almost finished your OMG goal so early in the month!