Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

A New Week

My Design Wall is pretty much the same…



I have my Gypsy Wife blocks up there along with a top for a charity quilt. I hope to get the charity quilt quilted soon and this is the easiest way to keep from having to press it again!

I also got a little farther along on HocusPocusVille…



I plan to embellish these HPV blocks with beads and buttons, so some things have not been embroidered.

For this week, I have a few projects I want to get accomplished. First, I want to finish quilting East Street…



I’ve started quilting it. As a matter of fact, what you see in the photo has been quilted and it’s time to roll it up some more. I’m using a variegated gray thread for the top and a solid gray for the bobbin thread…



So far it’s looking fine. I’m just doing a medium-ish meandering stipple, so it is going pretty well.

There are a few more things I want to get done this week:

Finish the current (and last!) HPV block

Once the quilting is done I would like to get the binding attached to Easy Street

Quilt and bind the Ronald McDonald House quilt on my design wall

Cut more strips for the background of the Gypsy Wife quilts

That’s not too much. If the weather cooperates tomorrow and it doesn’t snow here, I may head over to our quilt guild Tuesday Bee. I also have some more computer work for the guild Quilt Show to do this week. And finally, my hubby will probably take a half day off Friday so we can go out to lunch and do our early voting.


For today, I’ve already made English muffins, I’ve exercised and showered, and I have laundry going. I will head downstairs and see how far I can get on quilting Easy Street today. Hopefully it will be done soon! In the meantime, I will be linking up at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday and at Super Mom – No Cape for the Monday Stitchery link-up. Head over for some wonderful projects.

3 comments:

  1. That's a busy week you've got planned! Happy sewing, and lunching out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. East Street is so pretty. Gypsy Wife and HocusPocusVille are coming along great.

    ReplyDelete