At least yesterday was! I was able to spend quite a bit of time in the sewing room yesterday, even in the evening (rarely happens!)
I finished the blocks above for the background of my Bird Dance blocks. I probably won’t be starting this project for several weeks, but these are done. I really like all of the neutral and taupe colors in these blocks. I think they will work well with the brightly colored wool I have to make the birds. I also plan on using the same colors in my Gypsy Wife quilt (the class starts Saturday!)
I pieced a Card Trick block for our February guild meeting block drawing. I made one of these blocks for the 2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge and I really like how it turns out. I like these bright colors on the black background. Maybe I’ll win the drawing (and have another quilt to put together!)
Finally, I worked on quilting a charity quilt for Ronald McDonald House. Here it is all pinned and ready to put under the needle.
I just did meandering swirly circles all over the quilt, but I got it finished Wednesday.
It turned out pretty good, except there are a couple of pleats on the back (not good). I have taken one out already and have fixed it, but there is another one that I need to un-stitch then re-quilt. It won’t take too much time, it’s just the fact that I have to un-do and re-do it that bugs me. Once this is fixed, I will attach the binding then take it to the February meeting so someone can hand stitch the binding down.
That’s about it for yesterday. Today I have already run out for an errand, then I did some more quilting on the borders of the Sampler quilt, and in about an hour I have to take the cat for a check-up...plus she seems to be getting another respiratory infection L. Think good thoughts for Ms. F and her trip to the vet…
Have a great Thursday!