Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Warming Thursday


This is what it looked like when I woke up yesterday. By last night we had nearly 3 inches of snow at my house. We have been below freezing since the weekend, so everything that fell overnight on Tuesday night stuck. Finally, today we will get back above freezing temperatures. I’m hoping to make a quick trip to the grocery store…along with the rest of the world…to pick up a few things. We are due for another storm Friday night into Saturday with another 3 inches expected. I have plenty of food to get through the weekend, but I just want to pick up a few fresh things, presuming the shelves are not empty.

The past couple of days I have been doing little bits around the house. I got all of the tax paperwork filed (yay!) and I did some computer stuff.

On Tuesday I spent a bit of time in the sewing room and was able to get some binding and a label attached to a charity quilt…



I like the bright yellow binding with the busy dots! This quilt is ready to go to the guild meeting in a couple of weeks for someone else to hand stitch the binding down.

I also got the lining made for the blue tote. I initially made a blue lining, but it was too small for the tote, so I made a second lining in black fabric and I think it will work. I hope to finish that up today.

I also spent some time Tuesday working on HocusPocusVille. And since yesterday was such a snowy day, it seemed like a good day to sit in a chair and stitch all day…so I did. I’m nearly done with the current HPV block…



I just have the bottom right corner to finish. I hope to get this done today too. I am so hoping I can get this HPV quilt put together in 2016. If I can finish both this block and the tote today, I will then get to work on The Gypsy Wife.


That’s about it from here. I need to go get on the treadmill for a bit, then try to finish the HPV block. Then hopefully after lunch I can make it out of the neighborhood on the snowy roads to get to the grocery store. If not, I’ll have hubby drive me tonight J He did drive to work this morning (he came home in the morning yesterday for a family matter, but couldn’t make it back to work due to the weather)… since he is from Upstate New York and I am from Southern California there is a reason driving in the snow doesn’t bother him much…and I’m a bit more timid. I hope you all have a warm and safe Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment