Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

One Monthly Goal – January 2016 Goal

Since A Lovely Year of Finishes is gone for 2016, Heidi at Red Letter Quilts has graciously decided to host an alternate for those of us who need a little nudge to finish projects. Well, I’m in!

For January, I hope to complete this sampler quilt that I made way back when…I think it is from 1999 or 2000 (or maybe earlier!).



This is a Block of the Month Sampler from Joann’s. I don’t know how they do them now, but at that time the pieces were already cut and you just had to buy the monthly kit and stitch it up. I don’t even know how much these things are now, but I remember waiting each month for the Joann’s flyer in the mail to get my 40% off coupon so I could buy the monthly kit for about $6. I’m sure it’s much more now!

This quilt top had been finished and sitting in a drawer in my sewing room until I pulled it out and put it on the long arm a few months ago. The idea was to get in practice on a quilt that didn’t mean much to me. Well, it has just been sitting there and not getting done. Not anymore! I have some other quilts I would like to put on the long arm, so I want to get this one finished. My goal for January is to finish the quilting, bind it, and label it.

I will be linking up with the inaugural OMG – 2016 Goal Link-Up. Head over to see what everyone has planned for January!

And by the way…Happy Birthday to my big sister today!!




4 comments:

  1. That quilt is absolutely gorgeous Linda!!! Can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sampler quilt will be a fun one to quilt--good luck--can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that that Sunflower is as tall as the tree!! Good luck with your finish and thank you for linking up Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This goes to show you just how far behind I am in catching up with blogs. I had no idea that A Lovely Year of Finishes wasn't being held this year. I'll have to check out Red Letter Quilts link party and try to have something ready as a February goal.

    ReplyDelete