Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

One Friday Finish

I only have one finish for this week. Yesterday I finished piecing the first section of the batik Gypsy Wife



I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. I then started cutting the strips for the background for the neutral Gypsy Wife…



These are the strips for Section 1. I hope to finish cutting them into segments today, then I plan on putting the neutral Section 1 together. It shouldn’t take long once the strips are cut. That will give me three more weeks to cut the remaining strips for the backgrounds of both quilts. I don’t have to have them cut by then, but I would like to have them cut and have that part out of the way. I’m sorting the cut strips into numbered bags relating to where they go in the quilt. So when I get to each section it should just be a matter of grabbing the right baggie and getting the strips out. Then the only measuring and cutting will be for the blocks for each section.

Besides that I’ve only done a bit of stitching on HocusPocusVille. I’m hoping to get that one done this weekend. We shall see!

I will be linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! Link-up. Head over to see what everyone has been up to, and have a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment