Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

Looking Back and the Week Ahead

I got a few things accomplished last week. First, I made some progress on my current HocusPocusVille block.



This is the Toil & Trouble Employment Agency. It has been fun to work on. Once it is done, I have two blocks left. I will be linking up at Super Mom – No Cape for the Monday Stitching Party.

I’ve been doing some other hand stitching as well. I finally finished quilting the Joann’s Sampler, so I have been stitching the binding down.  I’m about ¾ of the way done.



This week I also made progress on a few other projects. I was able to get the outside of the blue tote completed for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge; I completed the background squares for Bird Dance; I made a block for our guild block drawing in February; and I worked on a charity quilt. I think I got quite a bit done in the sewing room last week!

Today I should be able to finish up the binding on the Sampler quilt. I also plan on working on quilting another charity quilt today, then spend some time this afternoon working on HPV. For the rest of the week, I would like to complete the blue tote, work on HPV, and start on the Gypsy Wife quilt. This wasn’t a project I intended to do this year, but a local quilt shop is offering a class using this pattern as a block of the month. I thought it would be fun so I signed up. We’ll see how that goes.

That’s about it from here today. It’s going to be a cold day here today so a perfect day to stay inside. I hope you are warm where you are!


4 comments:

  1. Just can't wait to see your Hocuspocusville project complete! It is such a great design! Love your quilting on the Joann's Sampler! Good luck with your other projects too! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Hocuspocusville is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all must have the Slows and good to know it is just not me!!! (: Love your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each Hocus Pocus block is such fun!

    I couldn't figure out what the shiny thing in the middle of your Hocus Pocus photo was so I clicked to make it bigger. I love your needle minder!!

    It sounds like you've got a lot of finishes planned. I look forward to seeing them.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete