Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

It’s Thursday!

Not a lot has been going on around here in the sewing room the past several days, though I did get Easy Street loaded onto the long arm…



I hope to get quilting on it later today or tomorrow. Here is the backing fabric…



For some reason this photo looks like it is creams and browns in this fabric. It’s not. The background is white and the dots are gray and black. It is a 108” backing fabric from Robert Kaufman called Spot On. The lighting must have been bad in the sewing room yesterday when I was pressing it. And can we talk about pressing for a second? Ugh! It took about a half hour just to press this humongous piece of fabric. But, it’s done now and ready to go.

Other than that I have gotten a little further on my current HocusPocusVille block and I have been working away at finishing up my portion of work for our guild Quilt Show. I have a bit more to do on that, which I may try to finish up today. Then I just plan on writing out everything that I have done for the show for the person who does this job next year. I am doing all of the early notifications for the Publicity Committee, so I’m contacting websites, magazines, media, guilds, etc. in the region and getting the word out about our show. I already have much of what I’ve done typed up for the next person, but I still have a lot of the guild contacts that I want to get typed up and neat. I had to kind of find my own way doing it this year, along with cobbling together what had been done in previous years. I’m hoping to have it all in one place so it is easier for whoever takes this job over next year (not me!)

Today I have to run miss priss back to the vet for a follow-up…




She started on some high blood pressure medication a couple of weeks ago so they have to check that, plus she had a respiratory infection so her rabies vaccine had to be postponed…but she is fine now so she should get that today. Once we’re home, I have some chores to do around the house, then I hope to get some sewing on the Gypsy Wife done. Until then, I will be linking up at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday. Head over to see what everyone else is up to!

1 comment:

  1. That Easy Street is really easy on the eye - a very handsome quilt. Of all the things that I must do, pressing is the only one I dislike. Ia m with you on that one. Hope the kitty feels better soon.
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete