Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Finishes

I’m quite excited that I have four finishes this week! Woo hoo!

I finally finished this Sampler quilt…


And here it is done...



I think this was the oldest UFO in my sewing room. I wrote more about this finish in this post, and I must say that it is a relief to get this out of the sewing room. Sometimes I can just feel these UFOs hanging over my head when I walk in there.

I also “finished” a charity quilt for Ronald McDonald House this week. These are quilts that members of my quilt guild make and then we donate them to the local RMH. I help out the RMH Chairperson, so I have lots of tops and batting hanging out at my house. So, each month I try to get some of the tops quilted and attach some binding. That way they are ready for guild members to take home and hand stitch the binding down and then they are ready to go to RMH. So my “finish” is actually getting it quilted, and the binding and label attached. Here is the very bright and colorful quilt…



And here is the yellow binding I decided to use…



My third finish is the blue tote bag…



My plan this year is to make a tote/bag/purse in the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I have so many patterns for these items that I really want to use them! I will write more about this tomorrow in my post for the RSC, but I will say here that this wasn’t nearly as hard as I was afraid it would be!

My final finish of the week is this HocusPocusVille block…



I now have two more blocks to do before I put this quilt together. I really would like to get it done this year. I enjoy working on HPV; I’m sure I will be a little sorry to see the blocks all done. But, I have several more embroidered quilt patterns that I will quickly find another to do!

That’s about it from here. I will be linking up with the Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! linky party at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Head over to see what everyone else has accomplished. In the meantime, I will be sitting inside stitching while watching it snow! Have a safe and warm weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Four projects sound like a lot of work! Great job. I might borrow your idea of doing a tote bag for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Several of our grocery totes have recently ripped. (I think we fill them too full and the "fabric" just can't hold.) Your HocusPokusVille block is darling. I love a good halloween quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy girl!! 4 projects!I love your sampler especially but Ronald McDonald home is so cute and cheerful too! Great job!......now I feel like I need to run upstairs and sew....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that UFO, can I see more pictures of it?

    ReplyDelete