Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Design Wall, Embroidery, and Other Weekend Stuff

I actually have something on my Design Wall…



These are some of the blocks from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge from 2015. There are a total of 24 large blocks, but they don’t all fit on my Design Wall. I only have 11 small stars…they originally were going to be alternate blocks, but I decided not to make such a large quilt. But I thought the small stars may fit into the corners of a border. I plan to off-set the large stars in the quilt, so they won’t be lined up one under another. I think that will work for me. I would like to at least get some of the rows of this quilt put together this week. Hopefully I can accomplish that much.

Sunday was a pretty nice day. It was bright and sunny with a high in the 40s, so not too bad for January. We still haven’t had snow, but we’re waiting…it’s coming...today there is a chance of flurries. Hubby and I ran out for a nice lunch out. We rarely eat out, so it was nice to do it for no particular reason. He heads back to work today from a long weekend off for New Year’s, so I’ll have a quieter house again.

After lunch we ran a couple of errands (and got a new steamer basket…woo hoo! The excitement never ends around here) then when we came back home I headed down to the sewing room and finished up the quilting on a Ronald McDonald House charity quilt. Here it is done with the label on, waiting for some binding.



We have some pre-stamped labels ready to go with the quilts, so when I quilt one, I go ahead and stitch on the label before it goes back for someone else to put on the binding. I used this pretty orange thread from Aurifil to stitch on the label…



Today I have a couple of errands to run. I am going to one of the local quilt shops to sign up for a block of the month class. We will be doing The Gypsy Wife sampler BOM. The class meets once a month for ten months. I think I can devote an hour once a month going to it. There is no sewing at the classes; it is strictly a demo class, then you go home and complete the block for the month. I think this will work out great for me.

I also have to run by Joann’s and pick up some more floss for HocusPocusVille. I am into my last skein and I still have to finish the current block, plus I have three more blocks to go. And I think while I’m there I will go ahead and pick up some large rick rack and some twill ribbon for this tote that I want to work on this week…



And speaking of HocusPocusVille...I got a bit farther on it last night.


I think I just might be able to get this done by next weekend! 


So that’s about it for this upcoming week. When I get back from errands I will start to un-decorate the Christmas tree (no, I haven’t done that yet!) and put away some of the other decorations. If I have time I will probably start on the Rainbow Stars quilt top and do some stitching on HPV. In the meantime, I will be linking up at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday and at Super Mom – No Cape for the Stitchery Link Party. Head on over for some lovely projects.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you're almost done your stitchery block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your BOM Quilt! HocusPocusVille is looking amazing. I just love that one. :) As I take our tree down today, I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are working on some fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great way to work on a BOM quilt! It is always difficult to try and concentrate on learning and stitching at the same time... this way you get to do the learning at the class and the stitching at home! Can't wait to see what you make! My tree will come down tomorrow too.... always seems sad in the house for a day or two! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blocks from the Rainbow Scrap challenge. It looks like you are making great progress on all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on the HocusPocusVille. Love the new BOM you picked out. That will be a fun one! Enjoy the finish on the Sampler, it will be fun to see how you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rainbow stars are so bright, love those colors. Hope you've had a chance to work on all the projects you planed to this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your star quilt is going to be so pretty! I love those bright colors.

    I see from this week's post that you have indeed finished the Witches and Stitches Needlework and Quilting shop.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete