I did some errands outside and inside the house Saturday morning, then I was able to spend a couple of hours in the sewing room in the afternoon. First, I decided to go ahead and start on a quilt for Ronald McDonald House. I got it all pinned and ready for quilting.
Then I spent some time doing some free motion quilting in a meandering pattern.
I used some variegated blue quilting thread I picked up at one of our bees last year when a former member was clearing out her sewing room. I bought most of her thread and it was an inexpensive way to try out some pretty neat threads. Anyway, I got about half of the quilt done, so hopefully this afternoon I can get the remainder done and take this quilt to the guild meeting in a couple of days.
Just a note…I help out the Chairperson for our guild charity quilts for the local Ronald McDonald House, and I have a couple of dozen quilt tops (with backs and labels) here at the house that I haul back and forth to the guild meetings. I also have a large roll of batting that I’m storing for the quilts and I cut some off to take as well. Then, hopefully, guild members will take tops and batting home and quilt them, then bring them back. Much of the time people finish up the quilt, but we just ask that they do one step if they could. We have found that one of the things quite a few members really like to do is the binding. I get it…it is pretty mindless and easy to do in the evenings watching TV. So, I like to get some quilts quilted, then machine stitch the binding to the front, and then take those quilts to the meetings for someone else to hand stitch the binding. Those quilts tend to disappear quickly! Anywhoo…I have decided to make it a priority in 2016 to get some of these tops quilted and take them to the meetings. Plenty of people will also attach the binding themselves, so if we can just have more quilted quilts at the meeting I think they would get done more quickly. Anyway, that’s my thought.
I also have been working on HocusPocusVille whenever I have the chance. I have gotten this far on the current block…
I will spend some more time on it this evening and hopefully I can get it done by next weekend. Once this is completed I only have three more HPV blocks to embroider. I’m looking forward to getting them done.
That’s about it for the weekend. I will be linking up at Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. Head over for some great projects.