Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016 Finish-Along Quarter 1 Goals

I’m excited to be linking up with the 2016 Finish-Along at She Can Quilt for the first time. I have WAY too many UFOs to work on, but I will start out with the ones that are sitting out and visible.

For the first quarter of the Finish-Along, I will work on finishing the following:

Rainbow Stars Quilt:



I have star blocks made for this from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015. I have decided to make more of the smaller star blocks and make a border with them. I just ordered the backing fabric, so I hope to complete this one quickly. I still need to piece the larger blocks into rows, make more smaller blocks and put them into borders, then attach the borders, sandwich, quilt, bind, and label it.

Log Cabin Leaves Quilt:



I finished this quilt top back in November of 2014. I would like to add another border to it, then sandwich, quilt, bind, and label it.

Joann Sampler Quilt



This is one of those Block of the Month quilts that Joann’s sells. I think this one was from about 1999 or 2000. Yes, I have had it that long. This is a sampler quilt and I have been using it to practice my long arm quilting. It has been on the long arm for a while now and I need to get the quilting finished, bind it and label it. This is my One Monthly Goal for January and I am really looking forward to this one being done and gone.

Butterfly Sampler



This Butterfly Sampler is a project from a Craftsy class by Sue Spargo. I haven't worked on this since August, I think. I still have lots to do on it…applique and embroidery…even before I get to the quilting, but I want it on my list because I want to get it done this year.

We Wish You a Mini Christmas



This is from Temecula Quilt Co. and was just published during December 2015. Not an old UFO by any means, but I need to get it done or it is likely to sit around and fester. I am hand piecing these blocks and they are tiny…less than 3 inches square. Because they are small, they work up quickly, so I am hoping to get this pieced, sandwiched, quilted, bound, and labeled.

Sawtooth Cats



This photo is from Spring of 2014. I still need to applique down some of the tails on the cats, then finish up the border and attach it. Once that is done I can sandwich it, quilt it, bind it, then label it.

Easy Street



Easy Street was Bonnie Hunter’s Mystery for 2012. I finally finished the top in January 2014. I have batting, backing, and binding fabric for it. I just need to finish up the Joann Sampler so I can put this on the long arm. This will be next to be quilted. I will be very happy to have this one done.

I don’t think I will get all of these projects done in the first quarter, but the Finish-Along may give me a boost to get them closer to being done.


I will be linking up with the 2016 Finish-Along at She Can Quilt. Head over for some wonderful projects.

4 comments:

  1. I like the rainbow stars. Very nice! Good luck with your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...lovely projects. I particularly like the cat quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!!! We are rooting for you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have blocks from that same JoAnns sampler quilt and I have the sawtooth cats pattern -- never started that one. And I have many many many other UFOs waiting for attention. Think I must join the 2016 Finish-Along too! Guess I'd better pull out the first ones I wish to finish....

    ReplyDelete