Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Making Progress

I have finally been able to get back to the sewing room to work on the second flannel 9-Patch quilt. I caught the hubby’s cold (daughter had it before him) and I ended up spending most of Saturday and Sunday in bed. It has been a whopper of a cold; I can’t remember feeling that bad during a cold. Anyway, I’ve slowly come back from it (though still suffering the lingering cough and congestion) and yesterday I was able to take care of errands and cleaning around the house that went by the wayside for the past 5 or 6 days. So this morning I headed downstairs to work my way across the quilt.



I’ve gotten quite a few more buttons attached, and fewer buttons on the plate. I’m going to head back down this afternoon for a while and see how much farther I can get on this project. My only impediment is this…



Someone wants to help. She used to be great in the sewing room…she would come in and jump up on a blanket or quilt and go to sleep and just hang out with me for a couple of hours. Now, not so much. She now likes to get involved in what I’m doing. So usually when she comes to visit me during the day I have to set my sewing aside and head upstairs with her to hang out with her. After about 10 or 15 minutes she gets tired of me and goes to take a nap. Then I can head back downstairs. We’ll see how this afternoon goes.

I’ll be making a new soup for dinner tonight. I will be giving this Creamy Mushroom Vegetable Soup with Barley a try tonight. This recipe is from the 100 Days of Real Food website. It will take me a bit of time cutting vegetables, but shouldn’t be too difficult. Hopefully it will be yummy…and we’ll have leftovers for my hubby’s lunches.


That’s about it for now. I hope you have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment