Pages

Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday in the Sewing Room

I was able to spend some time in the sewing room today. Since I finished up gifts already, I was able to work on whatever I wanted. So, I decided to pull out a charity quilt, got it pin basted, then started quilting it.



I used the walking foot to sew along the lines of multi-colored patches. You can’t really tell from the photo, but the white areas actually have little swirls made from blue and red pin dots. So next time I work on this I will free motion quilt swirls in those white spaces. That should go pretty quickly. I’ll see if I have something that will work for a binding, and if so, I’ll attach that. Then it will be ready to take to the next guild meeting in January. There are a lot of ladies who love to just do bindings on quilts, and if the bindings have been attached by machine and they just need to hand stitch it down, all the better. I’d like to get a couple of more done before the next meeting. I have a couple dozen quilt tops and backs waiting to be quilted.

I also got the pieces cut for the last 8 blocks of We Wish You a Mini Christmas from Temecula Quilt Co. Here they are with their instructions.



Now they are ready for hand piecing. Hubby will be off all next week, so maybe we can sit down and watch a couple of Christmas movies and I’ll have some hand work to do.

Tonight is hubby’s office Christmas party, and Sunday will be celebrating daughter’s birthday. Tomorrow should be a quiet day at home, so I’ll probably try to get everything cleaned up and ready for Christmas next week. I hope you have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment