Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas is Getting Closer

I ran out this morning and did my final grocery shopping trip before Christmas. It really wasn’t too bad, but I won’t have to go again until the weekend. I even ran over to the pet store and Tuesday Morning…both were pretty quiet and the traffic wasn’t at all crazy like I thought it would be.

I really haven’t accomplished much in the sewing room since my last post. Hubby’s work holiday party was Friday night and that was nice. We even had a little snow during our drive. But Saturday started out with the horrible news of the accidental death of a member of our quilt guild. I’m the Newsletter Chair so I send out all the notifications to the guild, so my Saturday was full of emails in and emails out. It’s just sad.

But Sunday was just the break I needed from all of that sadness. My family headed up to the Smokies to do some shopping with my daughter for her birthday and we ended the day with a nice birthday dinner out at The Cheesecake Factory. The weather was great (in the 50s) and there was no rain, so it was a great day.

Yesterday and today I was able to work a little on my HocusPocusVille block and quilting a Ronald McDonald House quilt. The quilting is almost done…I should get that completed by this weekend. HPV is just moving along…



This is the Witches Stitches Quilting and Needlework Shop. Cute. I got some baking done already today and a little quilting, so I’m going to head to my chair and sit and stitch on this for a while this afternoon.

I don’t have too much to do for Christmas…I will be baking some cookies tomorrow, a pecan pie on Christmas Eve, and then an apple cake on Christmas day. Everything else should be pretty easy cooking (plus I will have some help!). The weather this week calls for close to 70 degrees the rest of the week and rain…lots of rain. I’m kind of missing the thought of snow for Christmas, but I am not missing the chilly temperatures from last winter.


I doubt I will be posting again until the weekend, so I hope you all have a very safe and happy holiday. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment